Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Balance of Life

Dear God it's me, Margaret, can you hear me?

Have recently come to realize that the people who walk around constantly tossing out sayings like: "Don't forget to stop and smell the roses." have a good point and aren't just saying it to sound annoyingly holier-than-thou.

Between trying to write on SILENCING SAPPHIRE full time, work full time, be a half decent wife who actually spends time with her husband, grocery shop, eat, breathe, those sort of things, plus catching a few hours of sleep, I don't leave much room for smelling the roses. Metaphorically or otherwise.
If somebody would literally come up to me with a bouquet of fresh roses and kindly ask: "Ma'am, would you like to smell these roses?"
First of all I'd say "Ma'am?" and look around for somebody older than myself who they might have been talking to, then -- realizing it was me -- I'd most likely reply "F**k off! I don't have time." After which I'd rush off to make up for the two seconds I wasted by telling someone to f**k off.

Point is, I will now try to live while being alive -- crazy, I know-- and do just that, stop to smell the roses.

Feel free to do the same.

XOXO
/Mia


No comments:

Post a Comment